Many clients seek to work with companies who have the capability of providing a service that is committed to innovative and well engineered solutions. This is the type of service that Portland Consulting Engineers is determined to deliver and therefore the projects we undertake will have ‘hands on involvement’ from senior staff on a personal basis as well as the correct type of resource to meet the programme. We provide valuable design input on projects at an early stage in order to provide the Client, whether End User, Developer or Design & Build Contractor an economical structural solution which also satisfies the project brief.
The company provides expertise in the main engineering disciplines of Civil and Structural Engineering. Therefore all projects requiring such expertise can be undertaken.
Typically we provide the following range of services:
- Structural design including steel and concrete frames, masonry construction and timber construction.
- Civil engineering design including S38 infrastructure and S104 drainage.
- Foundation solutions including piles, vibrocompaction and rafts.
- Plant Base design.
- Geotechnical desk studies.
- Drainage modelling and design, SUDs and attenuation.
- Earthworks groundmodelling.
- RC Detailing.
- Flood risk assessments.
- Alterations and historical buildings.
- Retaining structures.
We have embraced the move by the construction industry to provide more sustainable solutions by becoming actively involved in various forms of modern methods of construction. We provide advice on the merits of various construction techniques such as precast concrete, timber frame and modular construction at an early stage in the design process, which is often critical to the financial success of the scheme. We then provide bespoke designs or alternatively are happy to work with fellow Engineers who may be providing designs on behalf of specialist suppliers.