We are committed to delivering innovative high quality projects and require people with the necessary talent and motivation. Our staff are our principal asset and consequently their well being is equally important so in addition to good remuneration packages we encourage and sponsor various staff events in and outside of the office.
CIVIL & INFRASTRUCTURE TECHNICIAN VACANCY
Portland have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Civil and Infrastructure Technician to become part of our established team of expert engineers and technicians.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of projects with a particular interest in drainage. Working closely with colleagues of various disciplines to deliver and oversee the preparation of detailed designs and detailing including highway and drainage, levels and earthworks, external works, and associated civil engineering infrastructure. Develop 3D drawings and implement 3D co-ordination into their current design practices and guide more junior member of the team.
The ideal Civil and Infrastructure Technician should have following competencies: -
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working within an engineering consultancy
• Adept at planning and organising your workload and communicating effectively with engineering and AutoCAD specialists
• Have experience in working with NWL and Local Authority Highways Agency
• Accomplished level of IT skills with sound knowledge of AutoCad, Autotrack, Micro Drainage and PDS. Including an ability to
manage data X-refs, layers etc.
• Familiar with SUDS drainage systems and Flood Risk Assessments
• Familiar with Cut and Fill Earthworks specifications and the commercial implications of setting levels for developments
• Ideally a CSCS registered card holder
• A proven experience of working to deadlines
• Accredited with a relevant HNC / HND
The role of the Civil Infrastructure Technician role will involve:
• Working on a range of projects including Housing, Commercial, Residential and Extra Care developments
• Using design based software for innovative infrastructure solutions
• Both public and private projects
• Working to relevant design standards.
• Liaising with third party authorities to obtain relevant approvals.
To apply for this position please send your CV to Managing Director Lee Barr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equality and Diversity
Portland Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunities employer and operates a comprehensive staff training program which proactively encourages Continual Personal Development. Career opportunities are available for those possessing exceptional design, technical and project management skills.