Portland Consulting Engineers commenced trading on the 5th April 2004 and since then the company has evolved so that the majority shareholders are all employees.
Since the company’s inception Portland has grown to be a well recognised independent consultancy with nine members of technical staff and has recently moved to new premises on the successful Watermark development on the banks of the Tyne. Find Us
The development of Portland’s robust business plan and providing clients with a consistently innovative and high level of services has been the foundation for the consultancy’s ability to not only weather the economic storm of the past few years but come out of it in a stronger position.
Portland has a strong presence in the following sectors:
- Industrial developments with clients that include some of the North East’s major manufacturers.
- Commercial office developments, both privately and publicly funded.
- Design and Build commercial and industrial schemes.
- Social Housing where we are on frameworks with many of the North East’s Registered Social Landlords.
- Nursing Homes, Extra Care Schemes, Supported Living Units etc
- Design work for Fabricators and Contractors
- Private residential from multiple apartment blocks to single bespoke dwellings.
The company is dedicated to the delivery product and service and has a Quality Management System which meets the requirements of ISO 9001.
Professional Bodies and Organisations
Portland is recognised and registered by several professional bodies as follows:
- Association of Consultancy and Engineering. (Read More…)
- Constructionline. (Read More…)
- Timber Research and Development Association. (Read More…)
Client Care Policy
Client satisfaction is central to all of our services. The company endeavours to ensure that our client is treated as the most important person in the process of any appointment undertaken by the Company. Our commitment to quality will permeate every aspect of our performance and delivery of service. All information received by Portland Consulting Engineers in the course of its work with clients will be treated in the strictest confidence, and will not be divulged to any third party unless with the expressed wishes of the client, or where we are required to do so by law.
Health and Safety
The company is fully conversant with recent changes in Health and Safety legislation in the Building Industry and all personnel work within the framework laid down. All of our employees are competent under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007 to fulfill the roles of ‘Designer’. Read More…
Continuing Professional Development
The company abides by the requirements of our Professional Institutions to ensure that our personnel are fully prepared with the relevant expertise to undertake their particular role. In addition, personnel reviews take place every six months to monitor progress and determine further development. Our staff are encouraged to join their relevant professional body and further their academic careers whenever possible.